24-Hour Help Line

Contempt Attorney Jefferson County, MO

Once a Judgment has been entered in a case, it is important that both parties to the Judgment understand their responsibilities under that Judgment.  If your ex-spouse, or the other parent of your child, is not performing the obligations they were given under that Judgment, you may be able to file a Motion for Contempt.  For example, if an ex-spouse was to have the martial home refinanced before a certain time and they failed to do so, you may be able to file a Motion for Contempt.  Likewise, if a co-parent is behind on support, not abiding by the terms of the parenting plan, a contempt motion may be an appropriate course of action.  A Motion for Contempt is possible in circumstances where the other party’s failure to act according to a judgment of the Court has caused you harm.

In these situations, it is important to consult with a knowledgeable family law lawyer familiar with Motions for Contempt, so they can set reasonable expectations for you.  The Lowry Law Firm’s family law lawyers are very knowledgeable with contempt motions and divorces, having years of experience.  They know these are stressful situations and you do not want to be misled with unreasonable expectations.  If you are in a position where your ex-spouse or the other parent of your child is not abiding by the court’s Judgment, schedule a free consultation with one of the Firm’s contempt lawyers.

On the other hand, you may have had a Motion for Contempt filed against you asserting you have not done what you were supposed to do.  In such a case, it is a good idea to consult with a family law attorney to see what your options are.  A family law attorney that handles contempt motions can help you fight the action.  You may also be able to come to a settlement without the necessity of appearing in court.

Either way, you should consult with a family law lawyer so that you are informed of your options.  The Lowry Law Firm’s family law lawyers also assist in representing clients that have had contempt motions filed against them.  They will listen to their position, provide advice, and aggressively defend the motion.  

No matter what side of the Motion for Contempt you find yourself, the family law attorneys at The Lowry Law Firm are happy to meet with you to discuss your rights and responsibilities.

The Lowry Law Firm’s family law attorneys handles contempt matters in Jefferson, Ste. Genevieve, St. Francois, and Washington Counties.

Quick Contact



4633 Yeager Road
Hillsboro, Missouri 63050


615 Collins Drive
Festus, Missouri 63028